28 August 2009

Prerequisites for Evangelism

Do you want to see sinners converted to Christ? Do you want to teach transgressors the ways of God?
According to Psalm 51, you will need four things:
1. a clean heart
2. a steadfast* spirit
(*to be directed aright, be fixed aright. to be prepared, be arranged, be settled. be ready.)
3. the presence and sustaining of the Holy Spirit
4. the joy of salvation


Psa 51:10 NASB - Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 NASB - Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 NASB - Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit.
Psa 51:13 NASB - {Then} I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment