04 September 2009

In whom I am [already] well pleased

Behold, My beloved Son, in whom I am [already] well pleased. That is the tense it is given to us in. Now Jesus had not done a miracle, hadn't preached a sermon. Had no public ministry. In fact He spent 30 years at home, the majority of those [years] in a carpenter's shop. Somewhere along the way Joseph [his father] died. Jesus grew up under a single mom, not bitter. Walked with God. He hung every door jam straight. He never made out a phony bill when He fixed somebody's window. He never jipped somebody on material. God was saying "What I could not find in the first Adam (because he sinned and turned away) I have found for 30 years in the second Adam. Every day His labor was sacred. Every day and what He did, His heart was on me and on My Word and We communed with one another. This is My beloved Son, in whom I am [already] well pleased." Very important for us because by and large most of you here in this room will not have a public ministry. You will have a ministiry of one sort or another, but by and large not one as Christ did; preaching, healing, but you will have the kind of ministry He had for most of His life. We can find our lives where the majority of His life was spent [without a public ministry yet in fellowship with God.]

[Joe Focht, Pastor, Calvary Chapel Philadelphia]

No comments:

Post a Comment